Business Intelligence Consultant
Business Intelligence (BI) Consultants work directly on clients’ decision-making projects. They are responsible for implementing solutions to help clients through the decision-making process, and in terms of BI architectures, they are also responsible for training and assisting users.
- Contributing to clients’ decision-making projects,
- Setting up decision-making and business intelligence tools,
- Advising, training and assisting users,
- Contributing to assessing users’ needs,
- Developing Business Intelligence (BI) applications that mirror these needs,
- Developing tests and acceptance testing for the applications developed,
- Drawing up technical specifications,
- Modelling Information Systems.
- Postgraduate degree in computing from a business or engineering school,
- At least two years’ in-company experience in a consultancy or IT services company (banking, insurance, finance, etc.), in particular experience with implementing business intelligence architectures,
- Excellent knowledge of at least one of the following: Business Object, Datastage, Informatica, Cognos, Essbase, SAS, etc.
- Well-versed in drafting technical specifications,
- Knowledge of, or keen interest in banking, finance and insurance (specialist training),
- Ability to manage all or part of straightforward and more complex projects,
- Excellent listening and teamwork skills,
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.